Singing Loudly: The Easy is the Yoke

Singing Loudly

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

The Easy is the Yoke

This is the week that I finally stepped out and went to the Texas State Fair. I enjoyed the food and the ferris wheel but I was a little disappointed that some of the carnies were sort of normal to attractive looking. Very uncalled for. Then I come home and learn that the internet could fall apart. The place where Britney is able to freely sell her bra and then pull it off the market.


I haven't seen every college football game that has ever been played, but I can confidently say that the Southern Cal and Notre Dame game was one of the best games ever played. Most games don't live up to the hype of the event -- this game exceeded it. This game is enough to justify -- for life -- Matt Leinart's decision to stay another year in college despite a definite first pick in the NFL. In this game we saw that Reggie Bush really has the potential to be the next player like OJ Simpson. In this game we saw the emergence of Brady Quinn who drove the ball down the field like Tom Brady at his best.

The always delightful Michael Wilbon puts it best:
There aren't many afternoons when both teams think they've won the game in the final seconds. Then again, there aren't many afternoons when you have three touchdowns scored in the final 5 minutes 9 seconds, when you have three or four Heisman Trophy-caliber players taking turns trying to win a very bitterly contested game, when you complete a high-risk pass for 61 yards on fourth and nine from your 26, as Southern Cal did to keep alive that final drive. There aren't many afternoons where a coach tells his team, playing on the road, that overtime isn't good enough.

If this game comes out on DVD, which I'm sure it will, I will buy it.

Speaking of DVDs, I've been working my way through the first season of the West Wing. I just found out that it's also on major sale at Amazon.com, as is the second season. They are both on sale for 67% off. My question, is when is it that the smart guy from Sports Night Joshua Malina come onto the show? Also, is he as cool on TWW as he is on Sports Night?

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who is freaked out by the Burger King ads. Don't get me wrong, I do really like the one where the King takes the lateral and runs in the touchdown. But this whole thing with stalking people is a little too much for me.

Just as an aside, I'm really pretty excited about the movie Rent. I'm sure it's going to flop like most other musicals made into movies, but I'm excited. I didn't realize that you could already pick up the new Rent soundtrack. The songs are slightly rearranged but it sounds pretty good.

Alright so I have a new way to get music to be networked across my apartment. Now I can listen to music from my rather large iTunes library on my stereo. Right now I can pipe it to my speakers in the bedroom, but I cannot get it to play on my stereo. This will also let me change the songs and stuff without having to go over to my iMac.

The name to remember is Miranda McOsker. I guess that she's quite the amazing quarterback in the Los Angeles area. Actually, this makes sense, I'm surprised that there aren't more really good female quarterbacks. It's a position that works well if you have an arm, if you can scramble, and if you have a sharp brain. This girl seems to have all of those things--I hope that things work out for her.

Finally, beware! The European Union is saying that the internet might fall apart! This actually is sort of an issue but I don't really think it'll pan out to be bad. Only time will tell.
-x-

6 Comments:

If only ND hadn't lost! But yes, what a game.

By Blogger yazzy, at 11:14 AM, October 18, 2005  

Jeremy shows up in Season Four of The West Wing, during Game On I think.

By Blogger kmsqrd, at 12:30 PM, October 18, 2005  

Oh, I also forgot, thanks for telling me about the sale. I've nearly worn out my Season One set so I'll get a new one.

By Blogger kmsqrd, at 12:32 PM, October 18, 2005  

Reggie Bush is my Heisman pick. The only time I condone voting for a Bush...

The King freaks me out, too. He's just creepy, and now Quaker Oats is using Quaker Oat guy in similar fashion.

By Blogger Sarah, at 3:35 PM, October 18, 2005  

Ok, I can't wait for the 4th season...is Jeremy really cool in TWW too?

Sarah -- that's too funny! Bush should win this one.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:57 AM, October 19, 2005  

I was disappointed myself a few years ago when I went to the Fair. In fact, I was rather attracted to one, but maybe that's because it looked like he was just an upper torso in a box.

By Blogger E. McPan, at 10:02 AM, October 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com