Singing Loudly: Turning the Blog Around

Singing Loudly

Monday, September 26, 2005

Turning the Blog Around

My Spring and Summer template started to wear on me a little, so I spend this weekend reviving an older template. This has been my favorite one so far, but I'm tired of the same look to blogs. I wanted to spend more time focusing on the bottom of the blog. Before I introduce the fold, I want you to to know that you ought to update your feed (after this post, blogger will not broadcast my feed) to http://feeds.feedburner.com/SingingLoudly or have it re-autodiscover my new feed.

I decided that I wanted to make this template fit more of my usual posting style. I tend to like to write longer posts that have either a strong central theme or a few different subjects. I think that this will work a little better for it.

My only real issue was that I didn't want to have my list of links there on the left. I'm going to put some things like movies and music that I'm enjoying over there. However, I did put all of those on the individual post page. This will be visible to anyone who continues below the fold. I'm not sure if technorati counts the permanent links that are in item pages as a linking blog, but I think they do. That was one of my worries.

Anyhow, I hope that you enjoy the cleaner look.
-x-

1 Comments:

Yes, Technorati considers links within HTML on a page (not just links in a feed) to be incoming links to a blog.

By Blogger JM, at 11:02 AM, September 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com