Singing Loudly: Yay me

Singing Loudly

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Yay me

Inspired by my recent showing of confidence, I decided that I was going to try harder to talk to the girl I really am intriuged by. The same one that my friend worked with and who is clerking for a federal judge.

This morning, I drove over to the train station and realized that I forgot my wallet at home. While this was frustrating, it was not the end of the world because there was a latter train (20 minutes later) that would get me to the place for my class right on time.

I caught the later train and noticed that this girl (I'll call her short girl) was getting onto the other car. I went back to reading my book until I noticed that she came onto my train. As normal, she put on her ipod headphones and started to listen to music, so I went back to reading.

We got off the train together and she was walking beside me, so I decided to interrupt her music. I tapped on her shoulder and introduced myself by saying that I noticed she had been talking to my friend. Short girl seemed happy to meet someone...happy enough to turn off the ipod and talk to me.

My friend had said she had a good sense of humor, and he was correct. She told me a story about how she accidentally pissed off the secretary for the Judge.
-x-

2 Comments:

Way to go. She may just listen tot he iPod the entire time b/c she doesn't have anyone to TALK to.

By Blogger -Me, at 7:53 PM, June 19, 2005  

I would agree, TP, but there are a couple things that prevent me from doing so. First, it took me about 2 some weeks to work up the nerve to just say hello. Second, I haven't asked her on a date or anything, so I really had little to lose in just pleasant greetings.

If I ever work up the nerve to ask this girl out then I'll accept accolades. Until that point, I'm just some guy who said hi to this girl as she got off the train. At least, I would suspect that is all she gathered from it.

By Blogger Curtis, at 5:26 PM, June 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com