Singing Loudly: Damnit, this sucks

Singing Loudly

Monday, July 12, 2004

Damnit, this sucks

It's hard to expect rosy endings to things, but I at least wanted to get back to my apartment. Alas, I won't until tomorrow. What is more frustrating is that things like this get me upset which makes me upset about other things. Then I'm sad and mad and just want it to end. Anyhow, here's the annoying story.

I get to the Buffalo Airport in plenty of time to find my flight. I'm supposed to leave around 2:50, and I was there by 1ish. I find the terminal and notice a flux of people. At first I figured that the flight was just really busy. Then I find out that it's not just that but the entire east coast is caught up in massive storms. For whatever reason they have me flying East (stupid hubs) to go West. They say that the flight to Philly is going to be delayed about 30 minutes. It ends up being a little over an hour before they board us. All the while they are calling out cities to come to the ticket counter. "Seattle" (ok that's West...Call me!), San Antonio (even closer! Call me!), but it doesn't go on.

They tell me to get on the flight to Philly. I grab my carry on and find a seat. Behind me are two screaming kids and one of them enjoys kicking my seat. The kid is like 4, so I can't really yell at him. I sit there and thank the Lord that it's only an hour flight then I'll be on my way to Dallas. The captain comes on and says it will be 30 minutes before he has clearance to go towards Philly.

Wait. Wait. Kick. Read. Wait. Kick. You little shit! Read. Wait. Captain again saying it'll be another hour.

The nice counter man comes on the plane and names more cities to get off. Nothing. The plane leaves about twoish hours late. Yay. I'll be in Dallas soon, right? Nope.

I roam around Philly seeking my plane. There it is! I get on and the captain says, "The storms are really bad and we might not be able to leave." Eventually they tell us to leave the plane. I go to the counter and tell them my story and they say "5 am tomorrow be here or else". I ask where my luggage is and they say that they don't know. Well, I sort of need my luggage, I tell them. It'll probably be in your city tomorrow. Whatever. Seriously. Tell me guys where are you putting me up? "We're not." Damnit. What does this mean? It means that I have to find a hotel.

After calling a few places I finally find one with vacancies. Let's call it the Piece of Shit Inn. They tell me an exorbinate rate and I say no. They say to sleep in the airport if that suits me better. I tell them that I will. Well, the airport then says to me, "no you won't." I guess I can't go through security until a few hours before my flight. They won't let me sleep in their oh so comfy chairs. I call back the Piece of Shit and ask if they still have rooms. Indeed! The price has gone up though. How? I don't know. Ok, send me a shuttle! We don't have one. How far are you? A half mile. I'll walk! It's storming, so you should get a cab. I'll walk!

An aside, I'm sure you're wondering how I'm on the internet if I'm at the Piece of Shit. Proof in point, the terminal allows you to pop in quarters for like 5 minutes of online time a quarter! Isn't that dandy?

I should have taken a cab. Anyhow, I found food and a room. I'll be back home tomorrow. I guess that tonight I'll call friends to talk about the weekend and try to figure out how it all went down the way it did. I only wish that I knew.
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com