Singing Loudly: Buffalo Conquered

Singing Loudly

Friday, July 09, 2004

Buffalo Conquered

All I need is a couple more Texans (even if we are transplanted from Kansas) to join me in Buffalo, and I think we can take this city.

I arrived in Buffalo last night about 11:30 after a brief layover in Pittsburgh, where I ordered a slice of delicious pizza from a guy with a thick accent. The flight, overall, was good. Luckily I sat next to a girl who was reading Cosmo, so I was able to read over her shoulder without actually buying an issue of the magazine. It's typically so embarrassing. That was before my layover. After the layover I didn't have anyone sitting beside me, so I had to entertain myself with frivolous works of literature like Middlesex.

It wasn't long before I landed in Buffalo and ventured out to the baggage area to see Erin awaiting my arrival. I was excited to get to meet her! It was late and she has to work today, so we didn't go out to do anything. Instead we talked in her living room with her roommate, Jen. Then I found my spot on a comfy futon where I slept for hours.

I wake up to find Erin leaving for work and Jen leaving to visit friends in Cleveland, so I've somehow been trusted in an apartment. Luckily I turned on the TV and have become distracted by Barenaked Ladies on the Today show along with Al being live in Dallas showing some barbecue festival that is going on.

I'm missing the barbecue festival for Buffalo? It's worth it.
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com