Singing Loudly: The Taxman Comes Knocking

Singing Loudly

Monday, November 14, 2005

The Taxman Comes Knocking

This evening I was napping during the Cowboys game when I heard my doorbell ringing. It took me a little while to get to my senses before I ran over to the door. I didn't see anyone, but I heard a man's voice from below saying "Oh, hey, I was wondering if you have the new John Fogerty album."

About at that time my neighbor from below was back up the stairs and standing by me. My neighbor who apparently wants to discuss rock n roll music on Sunday afternoon. Now, this guy is in his 40's with long white hair. He's sort of tubby and wears jean shorts every day. Definately looks like someone you would expect at a John Fogerty concert if you were to go this weekend. Probably at one point in his life he was a really cool guy, he's actually quite friendly, but that time in his life was probably 20 years ago.

I've talked to him a couple times, but I wouldn't say we're anything but neighborly aquaintances. Actually, I typically make it an active point to not befriend apartment neighbors. I just never have really cared for it. I've got my own thing to do and they have their own thing. Plus, I won't feel as bad about calling the cops on them if they have a raging party. Anyhow, that's why this was sort of odd. I'm not actively friendly towards my neighbors but he seems to think I'm pretty cool.

I told him that I had not heard the new John Fogerty album. He asked if I liked Fogerty, so I told him that I think Creedance has some good songs. He agreed. Apparently he just bought this new Fogerty album and wanted to know if I wanted him to burn a copy of it for me.

Woah! My neighbor below wants to give me illegal music, cool! I told him sure thing if he wants. I actually don't care too much about listening to the album, but it would be stupid to say no. This seems to mean a lot to him. He took off down to his apartment and returned a few minutes later with a burned copy of the Fogerty album.

Now on the days when he's blasting his music below I'll pop in Fogerty and blast it on my stereo too.
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com