Singing Loudly: Making the Cut

Singing Loudly

Friday, November 04, 2005

Making the Cut

I apologize on the fact that it's been awhile since I've updated the blog. However, I've had a pretty strange week which sort of made it impossible to use the computer. Let's go back to last weekend for a second and then we'll end up with yesterday when I figured out that I'm a licensed attorney in Texas.

Last Saturday I went to a stupid wedding with a friend. It's stupid only because it was her ex-boyfriend and they had a strange relationship. The wedding was on the biggest day for dressing up and going out you can find. You get to fall back with the time change and you can go out in your halloween outfit, but I was stuck at a wedding. I convinced my friend to at least go out to gamble in Oklahoma.

Oklahoma gambling really isn't all that much fun with the whole no alcohol thing. This was alright because I have committed myself to preparing for the upcoming marathon. I ended up back at home around 1am and fell asleep. I woke up the next morning around 8am and went on an 11 mile run. My time for it was about 90 minutes which is good.

That evening I went to get take out at a really good Mexican food restaurant. You know they are really good because the take out bags are these huge bags that resemble bags from Banana Republic or something. As I was getting out of my car, I scratched the bag against my eye. It hurt for a second and then went away. The next morning it was terrible.

I found out that I scratched my cornea pretty bad. I've had to go to the eye doctor three times, I had to take one day off work, I'm putting eye drops in my eye all the time. It's the worst thing ever. My eye is definitely getting better but the healing process is taking a little while. Because of this, I haven't been able to run or use the computer or do many other things. I've forced myself to work even though it's uncomfortable.

Yesterday I found out that I passed the Texas Bar exam!
-x-

4 Comments:

hooray! I've been wondering about the results.

By Blogger JM, at 10:10 AM, November 04, 2005  

Congrats!

By Blogger E. McPan, at 7:09 PM, November 04, 2005  

Congratulations about the bar exam. And condolences about the eye. It sounds painful, not to mention annoying. I remember getting annoyed after I got lasik eye surgery and couldn't use the computer for, like, a day.

By Blogger Sarah, at 12:52 AM, November 05, 2005  

Congrats! I'm glad you passed!!

By Blogger kmsqrd, at 1:18 PM, November 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com