Singing Loudly: Vacation Update

Singing Loudly

Friday, August 05, 2005

Vacation Update

I've been on the first of two of my post-bar exam trips. This one started in Washington, DC where I went to many of the memorials, the Air and Space Museum, the Holocaust Museum, and one Broadway show at the Kennedy Center. I also spent a day in Baltimore in the inner-harbor area. Currently I'm in Time Square at a big internet cafe as the time ticks down.

New York has been my favorite place. I actually came to work with a group that's doing a reading of one of my shows. It will be tonight at a little theater off of 4th and the Bowery where they have many tiny theaters. If you want to go and see if then you should look for a show called "The Fridge" and it's at a very small theater (maybe 50 seats) currently called The Cellar. When I first spoke with the actors (one of whom graduated from my undergrad) they were called something else. I guess the owners or it change or something. Anyhow, it's not going to be a production or anything but it could be fun. Oh, this is before their actual show so you have to show up early and should stay for their actual show. Like I said, this is more of a favor than an actual show or anything.

I'm also going to see a couple of shows while I'm hear. No plays; but I'm going to see Wicked and Mamma Mia. I know that I should go to the actual theater too, but I don't have enough time on this visit.

Too bad I don't live in NYC.
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com