Singing Loudly: Sugarhill Gang was soft

Singing Loudly

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Sugarhill Gang was soft

In case you're missing it, NPR's Fresh Air has hip hop week this week. It's really quite delightful. I've enjoyed the interviews that they had this evening with Russell Simmons, Chuck D, and a few others who were really part of the core foundation of the hip hop business.

It's interesting to think about how a form of music was generated in my lifetime. I know that my parents had some of the stuff like punk, my grandparents were really there for rock and roll. I'm not sure when techno started, but I don't think it comes close to rivaling hip hop.

Anyhow, it's fun listening to NPR ask challenging and interesting questions to hip hop moguls. Tune in.
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com