Singing Loudly: Beware El Guerrouj

Singing Loudly

Monday, September 06, 2004

Beware El Guerrouj

Dear Hicham El Guerrouj,

I watched you run the mile in Athens this summer, and I must admit that I was impressed. 3 minutes and 34 seconds in this race and over 31 times you've ran under 3:30. Then I watched you win in the 5K or whatever. I'm NOT impressed.

No, this morning I went and ran a 5K. All I can say is that you best watch out, because I'm charging after you. That's right, I came in 19th with a time of 20:03. That set my pace right around 6:27. I'm going to find a coach and reduce that pace to under 4 minutes and then you'll be sorry you ever ran.

I said sorry you ever ran.

Thank you for the inspiration,
Curtis
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com