Singing Loudly: Sitting on the Dock of the Bay

Singing Loudly

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Sitting on the Dock of the Bay

I'd like to share a story in hopes we can all learn from it. I'm not a particularly vain person, in terms of I don't hang out in front of the mirror all day picking my nose or picking my zits or looking at my green eyes or anything. I get up in the morning and I brush my teeth, and around eight PM today I realize that I have an enormous leaf of spinach wedged between my teeth!

Now, I figured that has probably been there since around 1 o' clock this afternoon. In that time I had probably spoken to twenty people, every one of whom probably noticed this enormous vegetable dangling between my teeth. What I'd like to say is whether you are friend or not the best thing you can do for your fellow man is to tell them that there are vegetables in their teeth.

Seriously, it doesn't even have to be a friend. Even if you see someone walking by on the street you can just say, "Hey, you've got some corn or tomatoes on your teeth." I found myself singing the following tune:

Sitting in the front of my teeth
got vegetables sitting in the middle of my teeth
I don't know if it's pork, chicken, or beef,
but there is food sticking out of my teeth.

So don't wait til the day comes to an end;
be you foe or be you friend, yeah!!!
If I got some food in my teeth
tell your friend, yeah.

Tell your friends you got a little something, something
it don't matter if it pork, chicken, or beef.

Oh, and I noticed that people love if you sing them this song. It makes even the saddest person laugh. Give it a shot the next time you go through a day of unknown humiliation.

The saddest part is that I raised my hand in professional responsibility to answer a question everyone was refusing to chime in about. Of course, nobody is going to take the guy with food dangingly from his incisors seriously.
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com