Singing Loudly: Head Scratch

Singing Loudly

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Head Scratch

I doubt anyone could do it, but I'd love to see justification for this B.S.

Ted Frank: I think shooting looters is a compassionate way to protect the safety and well-being of law-abiding citizens. Time after time it has been shown that the way to prevent deadly anarchic riots is to take firm decisive action to prevent matters from getting to a tipping point.

I think that Eric Muller says it best...

Someday someone will have to explain to me how a prominent law professor [he's referencing Glenn Reynolds) and a Fellow at the American Enterprise Institute (this is Ted Frank) can publicly endorse summary execution of people committing larceny, and nobody seems to care, or even really notice.

Catastrophes really do bring out the worst in people.
-x-

1 Comments:

now I think shooting looters is jsut a bit on the extreme side...I mean come on people. It makes me sad to see people thinking they need a tv in a time like this, but summary executions is just down right ridiculous and it makes us no better then the looters, actually worse.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:37 PM, September 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com