Singing Loudly: Almost Undue Delay

Singing Loudly

Friday, May 27, 2005

Almost Undue Delay

I've got to admit that I'm not really a fan of Kate Hudson.

No, I can't give a good explanation for this feeling, because I haven't really seen any of her movies. Well, I hadn't, until I watched Almost Famous this evening.

What a splendid film. I think that one of the best acting scenes in the past decade occured when William (the character based on Cameron Crowe) is talking to the groupie he loves, Penny Lane.

Penny Lane is told that she was sold for fifty dollars and a case of beer. Go back and watch her reaction and you'll see acting skills that rarely happen. From the smiles she gets, to the tears, to the haunting joke she makes in response. Amazing. I guess I have to recant my feelings concerning Hudson.

My only question about this movie is why was it rated R? It was perfectly acceptable for the PG-13 range.
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com