Singing Loudly: Run/Recycle

Singing Loudly

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Run/Recycle

I know that a few of you are recreational runners, so I would imagine that you also feel bad about throwing out your old shoes. As we all know, it's necessary to replace our running shoes every six months (or more if we run daily) or so. I typically just throw my old running shoes into my closet, but I saw in this month's Runner's World a better solution.

If you go to Nike's Reuse-A-Shoe and donate your shoes, they will convert them into athletic surfaces (running tracks, soccer fields, basketball courts) that are sent to underserved communities around the world. And One World Running will send your new or gently used shoes to athletes and children in Africa, Mexico, and South and Central America.
-x-

2 Comments:

Interesting! I sent this link to one of my favorite blogs....

So What Can I Do?

:)

By Blogger All Things Jennifer, at 9:42 PM, April 30, 2005  

Thanks Curtis and thanks Jennifer! I knew about Reuse A Shoe but not One World Running. Thanks for the info. I'll do a post on this soon.

Curtis, I've enjoyed my visit to your blog. I hope you'll stop by So what can I do.

Thanks again!

By Blogger Karama, at 10:24 AM, May 02, 2005  

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com