Singing Loudly: I took a stroll through Supreme Court Wonderland this afternoon

Singing Loudly

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

I took a stroll through Supreme Court Wonderland this afternoon

This week the Supreme Court has handed down four opinion. One of them is profoundly fascinating and will change the way the federal courts handle their criminal cases. Another is very interesting. Then the other two are unknown to me.

Here in a little while I will make a few, very few, comments on Booker. I won't make many because there are enough intelligent people discussing it that it really doesn't need my analysis. If you're looking for an intelligent discussion of Booker there are some fine places to go.

However, lost in the middle of the Booker celebration is a very interesting case Jama v. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. I will give some thoughts on this immigration case in a little while. Needless to say, it is another very remarkable case that should be turning more heads.
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com