Singing Loudly: What I'm reading: A roundup of sorts

Singing Loudly

Friday, September 10, 2004

What I'm reading: A roundup of sorts

Vice Squad dispells the myth that if you only stayed at the slot machine longer you would have won.

Erin from Erin-go-blog whet my appetite for meatballs, which I cured by getting a yummy meatball sandwich at Potbelly's. Her story, for some reason, reminded me of a movie that I watched as a kid where a successful businesswoman moves to the country with a baby and starts to make applesauce or baby applesauce or something. What movie is that? Maybe Erin can make a successful living with making yummy meatballs and packaging them to sell at boutique stores?

Will Baude busts up on people for misusing the word comprise.

Talk Left provides two reasons why doing criminal defense work in Texas is so harrowing. This behavior from the jail in Dallas is not surprising. When I talk to clients and hear their stories of how they were treated (often very similar stories -- very detailed) by the police it is clear that both socially and constitional unacceptable practices are occurring Texas.

Yglesias presents further evidence that Arnold is a liar. This appears to be a trend for Republicans lately. Smear, lie, and repeat.

Dylan provides some of the commentary that is going on with all this memo talk concerning Bush being AWOL. I haven't been reading it because the word "memo" reminds me too much of my nightmarish first year of law school.

Fafblog tells his story about busting out of Guantanomo Bay. I didn't realize the walls were tasty: "the gingerbread walls (the better to lure unsuspectin young terrorists inside!)"

Stephanie has made it quite clear to the world that she loves Ken Jennings (possibly as much as she loves REM).

And yes, as Angry Bear shows, it is time to work on a national healthcare system.
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com