Singing Loudly: No, I wasn't drunk, but I did like her

Singing Loudly

Monday, August 02, 2004

No, I wasn't drunk, but I did like her

This afternoon I noticed an attractive girl going up and down the aisles at the grocery store. I don't like to play the following game, so I went about my business but kept my eye open for her. Soon I had my Klondike Bars, milk, bread, lunch meat, and other sundries that were necessary, but I didn't want to take off quite yet.

I walked over to the beer fridges and saw that Guinness draught was on sale, so I grabbed a six pack. My left my cart a few steps away, the beer was an afterthought, so I was happily walking back when all of a sudden there was a crash. Bottles were flying across the waxed floor. Beer (oh, the humanity!) was puddling all over the floor. I was staring at the contaminated mess when the attractive girl appeared from another aisle (maybe sports drinks?) noticing the same mess. She looked at it and then back at me and smiled. Sheepishly I returned the smile, wishing that I could tell her that it was the fault of a torn bottom of the six-pack.

Unfortunately, I couldn't talk to her as nobody takes you seriously when you've just wasted six bottles of beer. The embarrassment was akin to what I felt when I talked to a girl at a party for twenty minutes with my fly unzipped all the while. Was she smiling because she liked me or because I was an idiot?
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com