Singing Loudly: Not Gonna Be the Rock Star

Singing Loudly

Sunday, August 01, 2004

Not Gonna Be the Rock Star

Apparently the director didn't like my suggestion that the curtain call needs to include the lines, the redhead right there is the emotionally passionate playwright who is available to speak with any swooning females.

UPDATE: I did put this in an email to the director, but I explained the joke to him. He knows that I don't really want that said and that I won't be going to Santa Fe to see the play anyhow.

It's only a plea for audiences (or readers) to fall in love with writers in addition to performers. Musicians, especially the singers, are the object of much affection. Actors often get a lot of attention for their beautiful display of human emotions. Writers (poets, fiction, playwrights) don't get to have the fun of the audience falling in love with us. Not in that immediate, emotional, and unique way performers get to experience it. I think that musicians and actors both deserve it for their talent (I know I've fallen for many a leading lady), but I'm still bitter. Bitter only in that way that I'll point it out once or twice until I bore myself.
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com