Singing Loudly: More About Me

Singing Loudly

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

More About Me

After a couple beers I usually begin to feel like I should share some more about myself. People know that I'm in law school, I run, and I enjoy Mexican food. Beyond that is there really anything more that you know? I think not. I got the grand idea of doing that 100 Things that other blogs did, but I remembered I'm lazy. Then I thought about answering questions about difficult things, but I neither own a book of questions, nor am I creative enough to make up my own. That leaves me with writing a little bit.

Since many of you might not know who I am, you probably would like to know more about me -- to see if we share anything in common. I clipped the following quote, (which I've taken the liberty to translate from the original German), from an article that appeared in the Bavarian Illuminati magazine Verwirrung:

"Very little reliable information can be gathered on the enigma that is Curtis. Depending upon who one talks to, Curtis has been a member of the human species for 25 years or 4000."

My birthdate is February 23, 1979 (thank you Smashing Pumpkins). These rumors about me being 4000 years old or being the love child of Richard Nixon and Timothy Leary are fallacious and just plain silly. My father, also Curtis, grew up on a dairy farm in western Kentucky and currently practices driving trucks around Wichita, Kansas. My mother Jamie, a fifth generation Wichitan, is working on a successful hostile takeover of my grandmother business; it will happen soon.

I'm a normal guy just like any of your brothers or uncles, except I can breathe fire and telekinetically explode dense objects. Oh, I also possess three additional sensory capabilities, exlpaining why my gestation period was two months longer than the average human infant's time in the womb. You see, more highly evolved species É never mind.

The Simpsons and Seinfeld are my favorite television programs, but I do not have my TV wired to receive either aired or cable programs. If any of you would like to host me in the viewing of the last episode(s), I would be forever grateful, and I will bring beer.

At my home, I keep a modest collection of videos and CDs representing a small slice of my favorite films and albums. The fourth Led Zeppelin is, in my opinion, the greatest rock 'n' roll effort of all time. Your opinion may differ from my own. You'd be wrong, but it's your right to disagree nonetheless. (At one time I hosted a radio show where I once had a back-to-back Hanson/Osmond Brothers Salute. I was branded a hero in the local market).

I prefer red Skittles to all other colors, and I never eat black jelly beans lest the voodoo witch doctor finally steal my soul with her demon licorice. By that same token, I never drink soft drinks through straws; I never lay my hat on the bed; and I try very hard not to gaze into the mirror too long when drunk, but sometimes this cannot be helped.

If I were to be an animal, I would like to be a dolphin. What a life. Swimming with your friends. Talking to beings from other planets. Beating the crap out of a few bloodthirsty sharks before getting caught in some fisherman's net and being eaten by a bottled blonge girl after ordering a tuna sandwich at Subway. I can't think of many better ways to go.

I do hope this helps.
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com