Singing Loudly: This is just stupid

Singing Loudly

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

This is just stupid

Chatterbox at Slate wastes a few minutes of my day making the argument that a MooLatte is poorly named. The reason seems to stem from the fact that if you changed one vowel it would be a the archaic word "mulatto."

Here I was hoping that they would tell me whether I need to make the drive to a Dairy Queen to try one of these things and Chatterbox just says that a few people hard of hearing might misunderstand the word? And I will say that the spell check just thought that MooLatte should be mulatto.

This reminds me of the teacher who was fired for saying niggardly in class.
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com