Singing Loudly: An update on the play

Singing Loudly

Sunday, July 18, 2004

An update on the play

Yesterday I emailed the company in Santa Fe to see when they needed the play and how long they wanted it. They told me that they wanted a play that dealt with human sexuality and incorporated a lot of what is going on in the news.

I decided that I'd write a play about a Catholic, young, married couple with two kids. The husband is secretly gay and the wife is secretly pregnant. The children are gone for their anniversary weekend and both decide that it is time to break the news to the other. I haven't decided how it ends, but I don't want the audience to leave feeling like either of these people are good.

The worst part of the email from the company was that they wanted this done in the next week. I've written about 20 pages today. I imagine that it's going to come to around 100 to 130 pages by the time I'm finished. Hopefully they are ready to memorize some lines.

Once I'm happy with what I'm writing I'll post a section of a scene.
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com