Singing Loudly: We want to pump you up!

Singing Loudly

Sunday, July 18, 2004

We want to pump you up!

Governor Arnold is not going to put up with these low-testosterome legislators any longer.

"They cannot have the guts to come out there in front of you and say, 'I don't want to represent you. I want to represent those special interests: the unions, the trial lawyers'…. I call them girlie men. They should get back to the table, and they should finish the budget."

That's right! Damn the trial lawyers! Double Damn the unions! It's not manly to believe in protecting the little people. After all didn't Robin Hood wear tights? I think so. You girlie men who are trying to look out for the less fortunate need to go and find your balls.

The article has more memorable quotes.

"I don't know what the definition of 'girlie man' is. As opposed to his being a he-man?" Burton asked. "I can't think of a way to have the he-man and the girlie men join hands around the Capitol and sing 'Kum Ba Ya.'"

Of course, the fun can't end until you make references to your best movie:

"I want each and every one of you to go the polls on Nov. 2," he said Saturday. "That will be judgment day. I want you to go to the polls…. You are the terminators, yes!"

I'm hoping that enough Democrats can be mustered to do some terminating in the election.
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com