Singing Loudly: They're Playing Our Song

Singing Loudly

Thursday, June 17, 2004

They're Playing Our Song

Erin for Erin-go-blog explores the reasons why various songs are playing in her mind.

I can sympathize as I haven't been able to purge the hideous Klymaxx song, "I miss you" from my mind. As my friends know I used to like elevators. Things changed on Monday when I was caught the elevator and a lady jumped on at the last second. Now, I already hate it when people jump on at the last second, because I enjoy solo rides in the elevator. When someone else is in there you sort of feel bad that you aren't talking to them. Then if you do talk you feel weird about what you can and cannot say in the elevator.

All the rules seemed to be non-existent to this lady. She didn't talk to me. She didn't acknowledge that I was even there. But as soon as Klymaxx started blaring through the speakers she started grooving. I didn't notice what was happening at first because I didn't understand the song. Then the chorus came on "Iiiiiiiiii misssssssssssss you (I miss you)...something about the way you look...blah blah." I try to forget the lyrics.

She was grooving alright. Not just a little sway but a take up half the elevator, butt stuck out, knees bent, groove. She was turning circles and dancing up a storm.

The normal question of should I talk to this other elevator guest or should I stay quiet moved to the more difficult questions.

Should I groove to the song too?
Should I sing along with the song?
Should I groove with her?

It all seems like a haunting nightmare when the song pops into my mind. From Monday on, I don't think that I'll ever be able to look at light rock with the same disdain. Now I will always have the image of the lady grooving in the elevator. Free of any inhibitions. She let the music take over her body and made her half of the elevator her own. Part of me views this with disgust, while the other part of me has to respect the free spirit in her. I hope I don't experience that again as it's going to take me months to purge this song from my mind.
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com