Singing Loudly: The Memo becomes a Brief

Singing Loudly

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

The Memo becomes a Brief

Last week I wondered how I would write a memo when there was little caselaw to support me. With quite a bit of help from a few excellent friends, I wrote what turned out to be a good memo. In the worlds of the pro bono attorney, "Holy cow! Are you wonderful or what?"

Well, today she faxed over a copy of her brief that she wrote for the courts. In it I was able to notice a lot of my language and was able to see the structure of my argument still in place. But, I have to admit, she did a kick ass job. It's refreshing to see that someone who works an incredible amount of hours is willing to volunteer her time to help other people. It wasn't just a little time that she spent on this as she really put a lot of research, effort, and hours into developing what I considered to be a weak memo, into a persuasive and enjoyable brief.

Now we will wait and see if the court agrees.
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com