Singing Loudly: Arranging Spaces

Singing Loudly

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Arranging Spaces

Last night was the most fun night of my moving process: arranging the living room. I didn't mind the night before when I was able to pull out my 6 dollar rachet set to put together a chair and a desk, because it's fun to act like a carpenter. The joy wears off soon after you spend 15 minutes trying to attach the back of the chair to the base only to realize the reason the back of the chair has hallowed legs is so they will fit into the base.

Moving stuff is fun though. My task was to figure out how to arrange the living room so my two couches didn't have to sit along side the same wall. Both are smallish couches, and one of them is a little circular roundish shape. For awhile I debated putting it by the window, because it's my reading chair. I like to lay down on it. The other couch is an orange-red colored overstuffed couch that is what I like to lie in and watch TV.

After sitting on both couches and pondering why the only cable outlet is on the wrong wall I decided to find a longer cable cord. Once I did, I moved all the books off my big bookshelf and moved that to the wall where the TV was located. Then I moved the TV to the wall beside the window so that it was about 2 feet from my circular couch. Then I turned my other couch so that it wasn't against the wall anymore.

It's probably difficult to visualize the space, so I will take some photos. Suffice it so say that it was fun to move things around. Now my space doesn't seem so open and unused. I also hung some prints and a framed photo, so I have artwork on the walls.
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com