Singing Loudly: Yahoo! Fires Back Part Two

Singing Loudly

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Yahoo! Fires Back Part Two

On May 16th, I posted that Yahoo! Mail would be upgrading to 100mb of storage space in an attempt to compete with Google's GMail.

They have come through and delivered with that. Today I opened my Yahoo! and saw a new welcome message and a brand new layout. I'm not sure what I think of the new layout. I do think that 100mb might be enough to keep a lot of people from switching just because having the same email address is a nice thing.

Google's GMail, in my opinion, will probably be going public sometime very soon. In the past two weeks I've been given 6 invites as have most other users. I think they are giving this many invites because they are about at the stage where they feel comfortable releasing their product to the public.
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com