Singing Loudly: Super Size Me

Singing Loudly

Sunday, June 20, 2004

Super Size Me

Last night I went with Ben to see Super Size Me. I guess because of the amount of favorable reviews I went into it expecting to be blown away. I wasn't. I thought that the movie was entertaining, Spurlock was definately engaging and charming, and the results were in some ways unexpected.

After I left the movie I couldn't convince myself that I didn't waste two hours of my life at the movie. Maybe if I really liked fast food restaurants it would have impacted me more. I'm sure that if I hadn't read Fast Food Nation, I would have been a little more impressed with the movie.

My main thought was that the scope of the movie was too limited. I got bored watching him eat the double quarter pounders. I was bored with him eating in bed at night. What was interesting was when he visited the public schools to show what kids are eating. I wish that he had explored that side of the documentary a little more than he did...what is happening to children and fast food.
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com