Singing Loudly: A day in the life of Singing Loudly

Singing Loudly

Wednesday, May 05, 2004

A day in the life of Singing Loudly

Normally I stay away from posting too much about my personal life, however, I see that there are bloggers out there who like to read about other's personal lives. Always one to comply with the wishes of others, I am going to tell a little about my day. Right now, I ought to be working on my First Amendment paper, however, I spent a good majority of my day running around to various places.

My day started with actual work at the courthouse, where I watched a part of a trial and meeting with my client. Today was my last meeting in the criminal defense clinic! Then I went out with a girl who I met last year, have seen a couple times, and wanted to get to know better. We grabbed lunch at a place called Cafe Express. I told her a lot about Dublin as she's going to Oxford this summer and Copenhagen in the Fall and was thinking about visiting. Personally, I think that a visit to Ireland is always worth a spare weekend if you're in Europe - if for nothing else the beautiful country, the Abbey Theater in Dublin, and the Cliffs of Moor. Then we got to talking a little about whether or not James Joyce is really as good as his reputation. Personally, I love Joyce. She was more willing to laud Sean O'Casey which seems a little wrong-headed to me.

After lunch we took off to see the Nasher Sculpture Center, which has a Picasso exhibit right now that tracks his relationship with Fernande Olivier. I was very underwhelmed. There were some very, very good drawings. However, that exhibit was not nearly what I thought it would be as far as works of substance. They had a few really wonderful pieces that I could have spent hours look at, but then they had a lot of work that was just repetitive. However, as usual, the permanent collection for the Nasher was outstanding. We went to the outdoor garden and spent about 15 minutes sitting in the Tending, (Blue) by James Turr, which is a free standing "skyspace." And, of course, I could easily spent days looking at the Alberto Giacometti and Alexander Calder pieces.

After all of this, I dropped Courtney off so she could study for a final, and I went apartment hunting with my roommate and his brother. I still have not decided if I want to get an apartment or buy a condo. I am leaning towards renting for the next year and deciding after law school.
-x-
the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com