Singing Loudly: Surprised (Not)

Singing Loudly

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Surprised (Not)

I started the day with a bit of surprise when I noticed an inmate in the back of the courtroom. There was a hearing scheduled but it was for an absconder and it was canceled because the trial was going longer than expected.

When I went to speak to the guy, I realized pretty quickly that he was not there for a hearing that I anticipated. He was brought in for an indigency hearing to be appointed our office as counsel as he was served with a lawsuit. This was much to my surprise because we usually catch these suits before they are scheduled for a hearing.

The hearing was canceled and he was accidentally brought into court. Now we know that he's on the way to being our client and can properly react.
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com