Singing Loudly: Raich

Singing Loudly

Monday, June 06, 2005

Raich

I haven't had time to give the Supreme Court's decision in Raich a proper analysis, but I skimmed it on the train ride after BARBRI this afternoon. In my opinion, the court made a proper decision and I correctly guessed where all the votes would fall, with the exception of Steven's writing the majority.

I think that this is the right result for people on both sides of the fence. Had the medical marijuana users won, I think that in the long term they would have actually lost. Furthermore, as far as federalism goes, I think this, while not a victory for state's rights, is not any sort of a set back.
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com