Singing Loudly: Two Bottle Caps Fell Down the Drain

Singing Loudly

Saturday, January 08, 2005

Two Bottle Caps Fell Down the Drain

Tonight there was a knock on my door. It was an unexpected knock. I told a group of people that I didn't want to go to the five pm movie with them (Hotel Rwanda?), so I figured they were dropping by before the movie.

I was surprised to find my friends from Santa Fe! The show's been over for about a month, and they are in transition for a new show. I think they're doing a Sam Shepard play, maybe Buried Child (personally, I think that it is his best). Doesn't every theater company have to produce a Shepard play at some point? I think that it's a requirement.

Anyhow, they wanted to party a little. One of the guys has a brother who is in town. Of course, Maggie wanted to hang out with me, so I went out on the town with them.

I told Maggie that I read Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston split up. This has left me with the perfect opportunity to make my move for Aniston. She swears that Aniston saw my play a couple months ago. She actually swore that, and I then told her that Pitt and Aniston split. I think that it's bullshit, and I told her so, but she maintains. It is true that a lot of stars go to Santa Fe for retreat or whatever, but I still don't buy it. She swears. If it's true, I think there is a causal connection.

Regardless, I now have the opportunity to make my move on Aniston.

Also, I'm about to go and watch a few episodes of The Wire with Maggie. However, I was planning on cat blogging like Dylan. I have a picture of Sophia with some shoes. While I don't have anymore digital photos of my sister (she's 7 anyhow), I did take one of Maggie before we left to grab some food.


Sophia with my shoes


Maggie bundled up.

And now it's time for The Wire -- the best show on TV.
-x-

3 Comments:

Hey, it's that cute Santa Fe girl again. Didn't you go to Vegas with them?

I've missed the entire season of The Wire. Is it as good as Season 2? 

Posted by Spencer

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:18 AM, January 09, 2005  

You're right about who she is and going to Vegas. Same group of people.

As far as The Wire, I haven't seen any of the new season. I'm catching up on DVD. Did you see Season 2? I've got it coming in the mail as soon as it's released. How does it compare to season one? 

Posted by Curtis

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:43 AM, January 09, 2005  

Season 2 is very very powerful. A bit different than 1, but amazing in its own right. It's a bit slow to start, but worth the time spent. Let me know what you think -- I'll be interested.  

Posted by Spencer

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:11 PM, January 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com