Singing Loudly: Getting in the way of Pantera

Singing Loudly

Thursday, December 16, 2004

Getting in the way of Pantera

I don't know all that much about Pantera. I never really got into their music, because I tend to like more laid back music. However, I have long thought Cemetery Gates is a great song. Anyhow, I noticed that people were getting to my blog by searching for Dimebag Darrell, who I haven't ever written about. I think that it might have something to do with adding the "in Dallas" to the search string.

It wasn't entirely clear to me who Dimebag Darrell is, but I remembered seeing a Dallas Observer with Goodbye Dimebag as the cover story. It's a well-written article that gives some nice information about Dimebag Darrell Abbott.



Oddly enough, the article starts out by talking about "The Clubhouse" in Dallas. The Clubhouse is a full nude strip club here. I've been to one strip club in my life and that was The Clubhouse this past summer. When I was there, one of the strippers was talking to our bachelor party about how someone from Pantera was in there because he was a partial owner, which didn't make the environment anymore enjoyable. This person was Dimebag Darrell, and I happened to bump into him as I was drunkenly walking around in hopes that the bachelor would be ready to leave before too long. So, I guess that oddly enough, I have some first hand account of Dimebag saying "watch it man" to me.
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com