Singing Loudly: The art of the jukebox

Singing Loudly

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

The art of the jukebox

Last night Ben and I went to our favorite "upscale dive" bar to grab a few beers. After a beer I noticed that there was no music playing, so I decided that I would go and get the mix started. I realized the responsibility that comes with picking songs on the jukebox. You want to pick songs that make people think you are cool. You don't want too many depressing songs but they can't all be upbeat. Most importantly, you don't want to pick the most popular songs that the bartenders have to hear three or four times a day.

I think that I did a pretty decent job.

1. Billy Braggs & Wilco - Ingrid Bergman
2. Pulp Fiction (Urge Overkill) - Girl, You'll be a Woman Soon
3. Old 97's - Buick Center Complex
4. Pixies (Live at BBC) - Waves of Mutilation
5. Johnny Cash - Ring of Fire
6. I Am Sam (Howie Day) - Help

I realize that the cover of Help was a bit bold and Ring of Fire is a bit overplayed. I'll blame those choices on the alcohol.
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com