Singing Loudly: Huh, beer?

Singing Loudly

Friday, May 21, 2004

Huh, beer?

If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet it makes beer shoot out your nose. - Deep Thought, Jack Handy

I've decided that my beer preferences can be distilled into four categories:

Enjoy Sports with friends
Miller Lite: It is, in my opinion, the best of the cheap beers. I like the flavor and I like that it isn't too heavy. I can easily have three or so without worrying much about feeling sick as a result.

At a bar talking with friends
Guinness: I realize that it tastes better in Ireland than here, but I love it regardless. Everything from the beautiful head, the refreshing taste, and the way it is so filling. I can sip on one for an hour without feeling like I'm taking to long -- in part because it tastes better lukewarm than cold -- so it isn't costly. I usually only need to buy three drinks to last me the evening.

Party drink
Red Stripe: It tastes good, looks pretty cool, and isn't as trendy as having a Heineken or Hoegaarden.

Dinner Party/Nice Movie at home
Chimay Grand Reserve (Blue Label): This beer is near perfection. It is a bit more expensive than I like to spend on a regular basis, but I enjoy the taste. It goes down very smooth, despite the fact that it's 9% beer. Besides, it is just fun to drink a beer that was made in the town monastery somewhere in Belgium.

In a nutshell, those are the beers those are the beers I will drink in the given situations. I believe that Ernest Hemingway quotes, when talking about drinking, are always appropriate.

An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools. - For Whom the Bell Tolls, Ernest Hemingway
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com