Singing Loudly: My bestfriend jumped into the lake...

Singing Loudly

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

My bestfriend jumped into the lake...

Last night my roommate and I were heading to a bar for queso and beer at about 10pm. As we drove by the lake we noticed a news van getting ready to take a shot near the dam. Naturally curious, I asked Ben if he had any idea why they would be shooting a story at that location. Always oblivious to anything happening, he had no clue. I'm never happy with that answer, so I decided that what happened was he jumped in the lake to do himself in, and I'm now being interviewed by the reporter.

R: You say you knew the victim.
C: Yeah, that's right, I did.
R: Are you surprised that he did this?
C: Eh, not really. He seemed a little weird the past couple weeks.
R: Weird?
C: Yup.
R: Did he say anything that made you think there were problems?
C: Yeah, he said something about this guy named Byron. I think Bryon Melton, who is a theater major and was dating some girl. It made Ben mad.
R: Mad how?
C: Oh you know, the normal, Ben was saying he was going to get a baseball bat.
R: Hmm.
C: Yeah, it was fun to bring up Byron and get Ben raging. "Hey Ben, I saw Byron today, he said that this summer he's going to be living in the spare room at Heidi's house. Isn't that cool?"
R: You taunted him?
C: Sure. Funny thing is, Byron wasn't even dating Heidi, I made it up.
R: Was there anything that made you think he was depressed?
C: I guess so. I mean, he dumped his girlfriend of a year the day before Christmas Eve. Perhaps he realized that he is a despicable human.
R: That's not very nice.
C: No it's not nice, he should have waited until after new years.
R: I meant your statement about your deceased bestfriend.
C: Oh.
R: Reporting live from the scene of the suicide, this is Melissa Melrose.
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com