Singing Loudly: Beware: Necktie threats

Singing Loudly

Monday, May 24, 2004

Beware: Necktie threats

A few weeks ago there was much discussion about suits in the law blog world. (I pointed out that capes ought to make a come back in our daily attire). However, all of these discussions left out one negative aspect of wearing suits: the germ ridden tie.

A new study found plenty of germs lurking in the neckties worn by physicians at a New York City hospital.

Female suits successful get around this, but the only recourse men have is to go tieless or wear the bowtie.

Nurkin said he's heard many suggestions about how doctors could deal with the potential necktie threat, from wearing bow ties or tie pins to using tie disinfectants or developing a "necktie condom." [editorial comment: Huh?!?] Anther [sic] alternative would be to dump neckties altogether, said Nurkin, who added that there's room for more study of the possible danger of ties.

I like the tie. My current job is causal, so I look out of place if I wear a tie. It is unfortunate because I enjoy ties enough to forgive the possibility of harboring germs. Besides, since I'm a lawyer-to-be, not a doctor, the amount of deadly bacterial things I run into will possibly be a little less than doctors Although, from days spent at the courthouse, I would not be confident about the sanitary aspects of lawyering.
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com