Singing Loudly: No children for me

Singing Loudly

Friday, April 16, 2004

No children for me

Amber at Class Maledictorian is wondering where are the men who don't want children. I'm still of the persuasion that having kids are somewhat like getting drunk: it's fun for awhile but then you wake up with a terrible hangover rendering you useless for the time being.

Not wanting children has begun to make dating a little frustrating. It wasn't something that mattered a few years ago, but now females seem to care more about whether or not I want to have a family. I just really don't feel the desire to have children for a few reasons:

1) I'm selfish. Children would take up a lot of my free time;
2) I want to have a career more than have children and I'm interested in a partner who feels the same. In my opinion it is unfair to the child when both parents are working late hours; finally,
3) Too much responsibility. I don't want to be responsible for the health and safety of a child when I can barely handle it with myself.

This certainly makes it more difficult to find a serious relationship (see "I am...hopelessly single"), but I'm more than willing to accept this in exchange for childlessness.

Edited: Parts made negative sense before corrections.
-x-
the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com