Singing Loudly: Filing a Writ

Singing Loudly

Friday, March 30, 2007

Filing a Writ

While I was not assigned the appeal from the commitment, I have been given the task for filing a writ for an inmate who became nationally known. His case was featured on one of the national television network's expose type shows this past year.

The guy has been moved out of the actual prison system but continues to be held like a prisoner (unlike any other committed individual). I'll try to use some of my appellate experience to sway a judge into agreeing that this guy is being held illegally.

This is my first writ, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Labels: , ,

-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com