Singing Loudly: 25K Race Results

Singing Loudly

Sunday, March 18, 2007

25K Race Results

Alright, I finished another longish race this weekend. I was going to do another 50K but I dropped to the 25K for the following reasons.

This was a 2 loop run in the trails around the Sam Houston National Forest in Clearspring, TX. The trails included climbing over fallen trees, climbing under fallen trees, avoiding swamp land, and running through creeks that varied from ankle deep to knee deep.

While this was certainly a fun adventure, it would not be fun to do it twice in one day. The aid stations were all unmanned with little by way of food. This meant that energy would continue to suffer as the day went on. I really didn't use the aid stations at all -- instead just fueled myself with some Gu and my water bottle. Anything over the 15 miles I ran would be nightmarish.

I'm happy that I finished the 25K (15.5 miles) in just under 2 hours and 40 minutes. It was a decent pace for having so many obstacles. Try that on for size you silly Boston Marathon runners.

Oh, in two weeks, I will be running in the Hog's Hunt 50K in Huntsville, TX. That'll be a clearer trail but with elevation loss and gains that make the Boston Marathon look like a cake walk.
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com