Singing Loudly: Basketball Season

Singing Loudly

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Basketball Season

Don't get me wrong, I do love college football season, but I really love college basketball. I got bored when I was musing on the USA Today football polls, so I clicked over to see if they had the preseason rankings for college basketball. I was a little surprised to see that Florida is at the top of the rankings, but I was more interested in seeing where my home state team, KU, was listed. I was shocked at what I found...



Wichita State, where I grew up, is ranked higher than the University of Kansas. I can't think of a time this was ever the case. During the basketball season, I would accompany my grandparents to the roundhouse to watch WSU play against some random Missouri Valley team like Bradley or Depaul. I was there during times when WSU had people like Antoine Carr and Xavier McDaniel when the stands were filled with season ticket holders to years when they had nobody and nobody else was watching. It's good to see them getting some respect for their hard working program.

It's also funny to see that Bucknel is again nipping at the heals of KU.
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com