Singing Loudly: The Nats Hit A Homerun

Singing Loudly

Monday, April 18, 2005

The Nats Hit A Homerun

Tony Kornheiser (of PTI and the Washington Post) has an article up about the first two games of baseball in Washington, D.C.

I went to the first two Nats games, Thursday and Saturday nights. Since the Nats won both, I think I should be designated their official good luck charm and paid to appear. I am willing to wear a costume, though nothing that Prince Harry might pick out. I can see how it might be a bit awkward prancing on top of the dugout as Joseph Goebbels, leading the crowd in singing "Springtime for Hitler."

Per the norm, Kornheiser is clever, entertaining, and informative (I picked up a new player for my fantasy team based on his recommendation).

I'll admit that I had some reservations about whether or not a baseball team would work in D.C., but these first two days look like I could be wrong:
the Nats have been in town about a week and everybody already seems into them. It must seem like a miracle to the players who played on the Expos, looking out from the dugout at all the people in the stands. Where are you going to see all those people in Montreal, other than a Celine Dion concert?

I suppose that now we'll have to wait to see the longer term viability of the team.
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com