Singing Loudly: Something About Giving A Little (Q&A Edition)

Singing Loudly

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Something About Giving A Little (Q&A Edition)

With giving in mind, I ask you to read this proposal of the Singing Loudly Donation Drive. The summary is you ask a question and I'll give a dollar as long as you donate a dollar for the answer.

This time of the year always gets a little somber for me, because I start to think of people that I've lost. My aunt unexpectedly died during my first year of law school after complaining about a headache that was bothering her. I also lost one of my best friends and mentors around this time after a long struggle with AIDs. He was published playwright who was one of the unfortunate people to receive AIDs from a blood transfusion.

Instead of merely being somber, I want to do something to really help organizations that help both the families and the people who suffer due to an illness. At work I've been working with a young adult who has cerebral palsy and have seen just how wonderful the United Cerebral palsy nonprofit is with one of their local affiliates. I was going to donate $20 to them, but I decided that I should do more to encourage giving.

I've decided that I would like to try to use this blog for a least a little good. I'm going to give up to $50 (possibly more if there is a good reception) to the UCP of Dallas. I will give one dollar for each question posed to me in my comments. However, if you ask a question, I ask you to match at least 1 dollar to a non-profit of your choice. Something that might have made a difference in your life, a family members live, or whatever.

Therefore each question will be a dollar from me and each answer will be a dollar from you given to charities. I don't know whether this will be popular or not but if it is then I'll probably go over $50.

Link to this if you think it's a worthwhile idea. Ask anything you want to know about me.

Just a few ground rules are that if it's offensive I won't answer. Personal is probably alright as long as it doesn't give away too much of my anonymity. My main concern with being anonymous is that I don't want to have people be able to google my name and find this blog. In reality I'm only semi-anonymous. Pictures are around here, city I live in, probably law school I attend, etc. So as long as your question doesn't make me reveal too much it's cool. Please tell who you are going to donate (and if you want the amount you're going to donate!) I will keep this up for a week (Next Thursday at Midnight I'll close the comments). Furthermore, I retain the ability to change the ground rules at any point.

Please ask questions so that we can all help some meaningful charities.

UPDATE: A suggestion for one donation choice is the Rally for Alli (raising money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Foundation), which you can find out more about here. A very good choice if you aren't sure about what charity to donate to.
-x-

3 Comments:

not having a good show just yet...so...I'll ask, just so long as you go over to sara's site via mine and post a comment...:)


Have you ever been broken, at your wits end and didnt know what to do with yourself, made at the world? If so, why?

By Blogger Cav, at 7:03 PM, March 10, 2005  

Someone emailed this question to me:

So, um, name 5 places that you've never visted but you'd like to and
why. For each place you come up with, I'll donate 5 bucks. Just send
me the info on how to donate to them and I will write them a check.

By Blogger Curtis, at 7:10 PM, March 10, 2005  

Visiting at the suggestion of All Things Jennifer. The Q: what do you plan to do with your law school education?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:10 AM, March 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com