Singing Loudly: A pie in their faces

Singing Loudly

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

A pie in their faces

Attention Texas, Missouri, et al...

Effective immediately you will have to stop executing teenagers.

More to come later. This holding is definitely my most awaited of the year. It follows very closely with the paper I wrote for my death penalty class in which I forecasted a very heavy reliance on international law in this particular case. No doubt, I was correct despite the professor's vehement disagreement.

I'll have to look at more in this opinion. I have to say though that this was not just the correct decision for our society but it is the correct one for the American legal system. You can't argue that you want efficiency in the system when there is far too much incongruence. This helps the law in that very important way.
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com