Singing Loudly: Did Chris Rock really suck it up?

Singing Loudly

Monday, February 28, 2005

Did Chris Rock really suck it up?

I know some people were tuning into the Oscars for the sole reason of watching Rock. I didn't think he was terrible, not great but not bad. The USA Today seems to think he was a horrible choice:

Loud, snide and dismissive, he wasn't just a disappointment; he ranks up there with the worst hosts ever — particularly when you factor in the expectations. When the show ran a salute to Johnny Carson's years as host, the comparison was so painful, it made you think the academy would have been better off just letting a computer-generated Carson host again.

I think they are going a bit far.
-x-

2 Comments:

And at the party I was at, it was a consensus that it was the best opening monologue in years.

By Blogger -Me, at 10:56 AM, February 28, 2005  

I agree with Stephanie. I thought the opening monologue was pretty funny. I liked him as host. Bianco's review was rather brutal, which is a shame because I think Bianco's a good TV critic.

By Blogger Sarah, at 5:18 PM, February 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com