Singing Loudly: Ring, Ring, Ring

Singing Loudly

Monday, January 17, 2005

Ring, Ring, Ring

Heidi from askmen.com offers the following tip (among many others) concerning behavior guys should avoid with girls they recently met:

Waiting the "obligatory" three days
Even though you want to phone her the next day, you don't want to seem desperate, so you follow the golden rule of waiting three days to call her. This is predictable; she'll see right through it.

What to do instead: Surprise her by calling her the next evening. Believe me, if she's into you, she'll be happy you did.

I've never got this "rule." Do girls actually respect a guy who is trying to prove he doesn't care that much about her? I don't usually have much of a plan when it comes to these things. I don't have a girlfriend, so I guess that I could be doing it wrong. I have always called as soon as I wanted to talk to her again. Usually, if it's someone that interests me, that is the next time I have an 45 minutes to an hour of uninteruppted time to devote.

Does anyone out there still follow the three day "rule"? Does anyone who follows it still follow it after seeing Swingers satirically mocking the rule? On the other side, do girls like a guy who doesn't call them for three or more days?
-x-

4 Comments:

No, I don't. I like a guy who calls quickly and often. I can't stand rules like that one. If I like a guy, I like to call right away too, but everyone in the world tells me that's an awful idea for a girl. 

Posted by Claire

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:10 PM, January 18, 2005  

Nah, just call already. Do you really want to start a relationship off with game playing? 

Posted by blondie

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:06 PM, January 18, 2005  

So far, counting an email, the count is 3 to 0 for calling when it's convenient. I agree with the women, yet I still have friends who think they have to wait. Those foolish boys. 

Posted by Curtis

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:10 PM, January 18, 2005  

I've always been a big believer in "do whatever feels right." Games are dumb. :) 

Posted by Erin

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:23 PM, January 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com