Singing Loudly: Media Hits and Misses

Singing Loudly

Monday, January 24, 2005

Media Hits and Misses

Just a brief update on what I've been watching and listening to:

I recently bought the Tom Waits - Real Gone and Brian Wilson - Smile albums. I had listened to both before, so I knew they were two of the better albums of 2004. They are great.

I just finished the First Season of The Wire. Brilliant show that gets better, more complex, and more interesting with each episode. I enjoy that the writers refuse to paint simple pictures of the characters. The show is a must see.

Recently I watched City of God. What a movie! I watched it twice because I wanted one of my friends to see it. The narration of the movie was one of the more enjoyable aspects. Another movie that you should pick up to watch. Also, I watched Josie and the Pussycats with a group of friends. I didn't like it. It was sort of fun in the way eating straight sugar is fun. Not so much.
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com