Singing Loudly: Good//Bad

Singing Loudly

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Good//Bad

The play has sold out every night thus far. They didn't show it tonight because I'm certain it wouldn't have sold many tickets at all. This is by far the largest response to one of my plays in a single location. I still haven't read any full reviews, but Maggie read me a few quotes earlier this evening to cheer me up. It's exciting to know that on some level New Mexico is supporting the right thing.

This leads me to my second point, which echoes Professor Leiter, in that I can't figure out this country. I love America with all my heart but this is deeply, deeply troubling. Not everyone will agree with that, but I can help to feel it. This isn't the America that makes me proud of my country. If Bush wins, which he very well could, then the Democrats won't have Nader to blame the loss on. We will have to accept the fact that there is something very wrong.
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com