Singing Loudly: What I'm seeing on TV...frankly it scares me

Singing Loudly

Friday, October 29, 2004

What I'm seeing on TV...frankly it scares me

I get home this afternoon and turn on the TV to get my fill of news. I am a little frightened today with what I have seen on TV.

First we had Elton John attacking Madonna in early October:

Madonna, best fucking live act? Fuck off. Since when has lip-synching been live? That's me off her fucking Christmas card list but do I give a toss? No.

Now Avril Lavigne is "dissing" Ashlee Simpson:

You know what? There are a lot of people out there today, who have become stars or famous musicians -- I wouldn't really define them as a star -- with a record only because they have connections and only because they have money and for the wrong reasons

What kind of a world of entertainment have we come to when the guardian of music's respectability include a guy who sings cheesy songs and wears bright colored suits and a girl who writes songs in instant message speak?
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com