Singing Loudly: Two Truths and a Lie

Singing Loudly

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Two Truths and a Lie

Introducing Two Truths and a Lie.

After finishing the commissioned play I started to think about what I wanted to do for creative escape. One thing that I envy is people who are willing to really open up a lot on their blog and show a personal side to themselves. But I am willing to do it if there is a bit of lying involved.

With that in mind I started to think about how some personalities on blogs and voices that come through in writing are different than real life. This doesn't just happen with blogs but with all forms of writing. With that in mind I decided that I would create a writing project (that happens to be well served by the blog form of writing) that mixes blogging with the game "Two Truths and a Lie."

In this blog I will keep a nice balance of 2/3 true and 1/3 fictions or partially-fictional accounts of my life. This will leave it to the reader to try to determine if I'm telling the truth or lying in a blog. People ought to leave with a better view of who I am, while at the same time creating a character of me that might be different than what is actually true.

Characters in drama are often built the same way where the playwright uses bits and pieces from her own life and from her imagination. I'm pretty excited about this and hope that a few of you enjoy my writing on that blog.

This shouldn't impact my blogging over here because they serve very different purposes. It really is more of a writing project for me that will hone some of my fictional skills. At the same time it will allow me to share a lot more about myself without getting in the way of the legal/cultural/and whatever else I talk about here.

What do you think?
-x-

1 Comments:

Don't you blog anymore?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:58 PM, November 28, 2008  

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com