Singing Loudly: Monday Night Football Sling Blade Style

Singing Loudly

Monday, September 27, 2004

Monday Night Football Sling Blade Style



Does anybody else find it odd that Billy Bob Thornton was giving the opening monologue for Monday Night Football? I mean, I'll be the first to admit that I think Billy Bob is one cool guy. But Monday Night Football? Talking about the rivalry between Joe Gibbs and Bill Parcells. About the longstanding rivalry between the Redskins and Cowboys. Isn't that odd?

For the entire minute or so I anxiously anticipated him saying, "Reckon what you is wanting to know is what I'm a-doing in here. 'Reckon the reason I'm in here is 'cause I've killed somebody. But I reckon what you is wanting to know is how come me had killed somebody so I reckon I'll start at the front and tell ye." Unfortunately he did not give me that satisfaction.
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com